F Series ESC
Outline of the APD F_Series ESCs.
Operating on a genuine STM32F3 processor ensures no input commands are missed, even at the highest input update rates. Its bleeding-edge features include PWM-frequency dithering to ensure the smoothest control at high power, whilst maintaining maximum efficiency.
As part of our commitment to delivering top-notch products, we have diligently worked on improving the F_Series ESCs. We're excited to announce the release of our latest V2 hardware, which features some notable enhancements. These improvements include a built-in bootloader for configuration, passthrough firmware updating from a supported flight controller, Bi-Directional DShot (supported units), and UART pin overvoltage protection (supported units).
We have designed the V2 F_Series ESCs to be a drop-in replacement for the existing units, ensuring a seamless transition for our customers. There is no requirement to firmware update V2 units once delivered to introduce the following features.
The following improvements have been made to the version 1 variations:
- All units:
- Configuration of drive parameters, signal types and fault handling.
- On board bootloader.
- Additional Telemetry types: PWM Telemetry and RPM Output.
- High-speed telemetry rates (digital protocols).
- Reversible drive mode operation support (full forwards to full reverse).
- Dynamic signal quality checks across supported input protocols.
- 80F3[X]v2 and 120F3[X]v2:
- Bi-Directional DShot for RPM Filtering support.
- Passthrough firmware updating and configuration.
- Hardware protection for UART programming pins.
The V2 variation units are designed to be a drop-in replacement over the V1 counterparts, for minimum system-level changes. The PCB model number is visible for unit identification, as can be seen in the example below.
Version 1 vs Version 2 F_Series identification.
Version 2 firmware is loaded on Version 2 units by default. Older firmware revisions are available upon request. F Series Production Firmware
- Up to 200 Amp continuous current*
- 40F3 - 40A continuous
- 80F3[X] - 80A continuous
- 100F3[X] - 100A continuous
- 120F3[X] - 120A continuous
- 200F3[X] - 200A continuous
- Up to 300 Amp burst current
- 40F3 - 100A burst
- 80F3[X] - 140A burst
- 100F3[X] - 150A burst
- 120F3[X] - 200A burst
- 200F3[X] - 300A burst
- [X] designates higher-performance ESCs for larger applications
- Up to 14S capable
- True 10-Bit throttle resolution
- 8-Layer PCB for minimal track resistance
- Intelligent current sensing
- 750,000 eRPM
- Auto frequency PWM (50-500Hz) and DShot input
- DSHOT150 to DSHOT600 (0.15-0.6MBs/s)
- Auto Timing Advance
- BetaFlight telemetry output
- Digital commands over DShot
- Anti-Turtle mode
- Plug and Play firmware
- LED indication
- Weight (no cables):
- 40F3 - 0.003KG
- 80F3[X] - 0.01KG
- 100F3[X] - 0.013KG
- 120F3[X] - 0.02KG
- 200F3[X] - 0.036KG
Continuous current ratings are at a 100% throttle duty cycle. Continuous rating is defined as max sustained current at 100% throttle for 60 seconds with 33 m/s airflow.
NDAA/DFARS-compliant options available upon request.